(DANCE) or (Musical Theatre)
· UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing & Production Arts
· 2 Years part-time (4 days per week)
· 4 GCSE passes at grade 4, including English Language or Literature
· Tuition fees fully-funded (there may be some additional costs)
• Practical skills developed through the delivery of:
- Dance genres including ballet, jazz, commercial, contemporary and tap (Dance course)
- Dance, singing and acting classes (Musical Theatre course)
• Extensive performance opportunities to showcase students' learning
• Encourages use of evaluative and reflective skills to support development and individual progress
• Facilitates understanding of critical and contextual awareness of different perspectives within the performing arts
The Sixth Form Extended Diploma in Performing Arts, in either Dance or Musical Theatre, provides the perfect springboard into Higher Education by giving students all of the skills and techniques needed to excel in degree-level professional training auditions. The curriculum is rich in diversity and students train intensively throughout the 2 years to achieve a qualification which is equivalent to 3 A-Levels. The course in perfect for students with a passion for the performing arts who want to explore, develop and extend their understanding of the performing arts industry through creative and stimulating study.
Your studies will include:
Dance Course - technical dance genres including Jazz, Ballet, Tap, Commercial & Contemporary as well as body conditioning, nutrition and fitness.
Musical Theatre Course - technical dance genres including Jazz, Ballet & Commercial as well as ensemble & solo singing and acting.
Through the delivery of 8 units, your technique classes, rehearsals and research tasks will culminate in a Collaborative Performance Project where you will showcase your skills in an external theatre performance.
You will be introduced to the process of rehearsal, production and delivery of performance to support your understanding of the industry and what is required of professional performers.
Theory lessons will develop an understanding of the historical and cultural context of different areas of the performing arts to support with progress of both technical and performance skills.
Your studies will include:
Dance Course - technical dance genres including Jazz, Ballet, Tap, Commercial & Contemporary as well as double work, heels technique, repertoire, body conditioning, nutrition and fitness.
Musical Theatre Course - technical dance genres including Jazz, Ballet & Commercial as well as ensemble & solo singing, integrated performance, acting through song, vocal technique & acting.
Your studies in year 2 will focus on a further 4 units which support the development of the artistic, professional and vocational skills necessary for progression routes including degree and vocational training auditions. This includes guidance on course selection, choosing audition material and practical audition preparation.
You will also continue to develop, strengthen and refine your technical skills, as well as developing your fitness and knowledge through body conditioning, nutrition and physiology theory classes. The year culminates with an Extended Project Performance where you will have opportunity to demonstrate your technical skills in an external theatre performance.